1 Sept 2011

My bed is a pool and the wall's on fire

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

In those long summer days (and nights) the lyrics from Animal Collective come to my mind: "my bed is a pool and the wall's on fire". I have to study for my October exams, but I don't really feel like studying in this heat... I rather spend the morning in my swimming pool with the sunglasses on (like Ben Braddock after graduating).
I've been listening to a lot of new music lately, and I've also had time to watch a few new films with my boyfriend, and the one we've liked the most is
Submarine (totally recommended). Besides from that, I've just discovered a pretty interesting new photographer Ildar Iksanov, I'm loving Discotheque Confusion more and more everyday, it's my fashion's daily read; and these are the songs I can't get out of my head these days:

Miami Horror - Under the Milky Way

Alex Turner's OST for the film Submarine

Animal Collective - Summertime Clothes

Is Tropical - South Pacific

14 comments:

Natalie Suarez said...

this is amazing!! LOVE IT :)

xx

natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

Pandalina said...

Yesterday I just had my last exam! I understand how it's a drag studying when the sun is shining in all its power.
I wish you good luck on your exams, or better say, good luck studying! :)

Anonymous said...

great post, dear :)

Anonymous said...

Suerte y poco tedio en esos estudios y examenes....^^..
me encantaron las canciones, bellas acompañantes...
^^

mariana said...

thanks for your comment :)
i love your blog!! i'm following :)

http://sayilovemary.blogspot.com/
-> facebook page

Mamba Negra said...

qué va,no son personajes de la peli, es un texto que escribí yo después de verla :) espero que te guste si la ves ;) yo estudio cine en la ciudad de la luz, tu estudias en la u.a? te doy mi mail :D marinetti91@gmail.com

Mamba Negra said...

PD: por qué molarán tanto tus entradas? :)

Anonymous said...

La chica de la primera foto tiene un rollo impresionante!

kate and the cake said...

<3

patricia piruletadecorazon said...

es precioso
te espera un regalo en mi blog

ATF said...

ara estic escoltant les cançons que has posat, perquè apart de l'alex turner, no en conec cap més. la veritat que musicalment estic un poc out però sempre m'agrada descobrir cosetes mitjant gent. que xules les fotos com sempre, jo també he d'estodiar, en dues setmanes tenc l'exàmen i fa una mandra amb aquest calor... si esque no puc :/

bé dear, gràcies again per intentar-me passar aquell disc! per cert, ara m'ha vingut al cap, has vist 'pequeñas mentiras sin importancia'? crec que t'agradaría, a mí em va meravellar. un petonet!

A. said...

Si es que con este calor no se puede hacer nada.. a parte de, como dices tú, vagear en la piscina o en playa. Es una pena que se acabe ya la buena vida. En fin, me he enamorado de la canción de Submarine, y viendo que todo el mundo habla tan bien de la película la tendré que ver. Me apunto también Lost In Translation.
Respeto a tu pregunta, no tengo cuenta en weheartit pero me paso de vez en cuando para mirar algunas fotos, la verdad es que no me he puesto mucho a investigar por la página qué se puede hacer con la cuenta y tal.. Tu tienes weheartit?

M. Leroux said...

Mis vacaciones se acabaron de imprevisto, así que se quedaron muchas películas y unos cuantos libros pendientes para las vacaciones de invierno. Qué bueno que tú si has podido disfrutar de tus vacaciones completas. :)

Me quedaré un ratito por aquí, para escuchar las canciones.


¡Saludos!

Unknown said...

discovred your blog through Discotheque confusion which you follow too. Love your blog and so happy to have discovered it, Amazing imagery and music! now following would love your follow too. x
http://thoughtsandthingsfromthebirdonawire.blogspot.com/